firstname.lastname@example.org | #skateboardingispositive
Skateboarding is Positive (S.I.P) is a movement to educate and inspire others about the multiple benefits of skateboarding, in terms of: health, creativity, social learning, and personal development.
WHY S.I.P EXISTS:
- The United States alone has over 6 million skateboarders and the skateboard industry is estimated to be a $4.8 billion market (1).
- In the past year, 2.1% of all Americans had ridden a skateboard (2).
- The Skaters for Public Skateparks Casualty Report discovered that there is nearly one skateboarder death each week in the United States in an accident that involves a collision with a motor vehicle (3)
- The 2015 UBS/PwC Billionaire Report a pattern revealed that a common trait in the most successful people in the world is the ability to see failure as a necessary step towards success, let it be known that this trait is the foundation of skateboarding (4).
The first two statistics prove that there is an interest in skateboarding. This is important because health promoters can leverage the interest in skateboarding to use skateboarding as a form of exercise in order to help prevent childhood obesity.
The third statistic emphasizes to urban planners that skateparks can serve as a safe place for individuals new to skateboarding to practice.
The fourth statistic can be maximized by parents and teachers so that individuals are
given an opportunity, and not sheltered from skateboarding, to learn life skills for
future school and career success.
(1) Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laura-beth-nielsen/skateboarding-laws_b_2934728.html
(2) Public Skatepark Guide: http://publicskateparkguide.org/vision/the-skateboarding-problem/
(3) Skaters for Public Skateparks: http://www.skatepark.org/park-development/2012/01/2011-skateboarding-fatalities/
(4) Billionaire Report PwC: https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/financial-services/publications/assets/pwc-ubs-billionaire-report.pdf
What Skateboarding is Positive loves to do is volunteer at events to facilitate the process of introducing individuals to skateboarding.
Skateboarding is Positive has recruited groups of volunteers to lend a hand at events as well as provided a number of skateboards for individuals to use.
SKATEBOARDING IS POSITIVE AND THE SALVATION ARMY
What a great time it was to have Skateboarding is Positive (S.I.P.) introduce skateboarding to a youth program at the Salvation Army.
Everyone loved balancing on the skateboards and improving with each other.
SKATEBOARDING IS POSITIVE AT KIDS BEING KIDS (CJ'S SKATEPARK)
Skateboarding is Positive (S.I.P.) absolutely loves volunteering at the Kids Being Kids event by CJ's skatepark.
Kids Being Kids is an event dedicated to introducing skateboarding and a social community to kids battling cancer, and their families.